08th December 2017

Whenever we talk about SEO, specifically Pay per Click (PPC) and Organic SEO, we tend to hear a lot of conflicting reports. This makes it very difficult for a business to make an informed decision about which route they should follow. In this article, we aim to give you facts and prove that actually AdWords and Organic SEO are most effective when they are used together.

Google AdWords

All PPC campaigns, if run correctly, will give you an instant presence. This naturally gives you a quicker return of your investment and aids cashflow. However, it does cost money every time a user clicks on one of your ads. Therefore, you must use the correct keywords and key phrases to reduce wasting money.

In fact, it has been reported that for the majority of people around 80% of clicks are “wasted”, leaving on 20% to potentially make you money. Therefore, common sense tells you that you need to reduce the 80% as much as possible and to do this you must have a clear plan and monitor your campaign very carefully. Google’s Keyword Planner Tool can help you at the start of the process.

Leapfrog Blog29

Organic SEO

Organic SEO is more complex than PPC and requires patience as it takes time for the work to be converted into results. However, the work that is carried out is permanent, whereas with PPC it stops as soon as you stop paying.

SEO involves coming up with a strategy that is suited to your business needs. It uses keywords, link building and ensuring that everything else on-page is correct. Technical changes, as well as off-page work, will need to be done to make your website as search engine friendly as possible.

Why you should use the two together

Many people still believe that they should choose Organic SEO OR PPC. There is some myth that seems to go around suggesting that you can only use one of the methods at any one given time. You may be surprised to know that information gathered from AdWords can actually aid your SEO campaign.

Leapfrog Blog30

SEO, when done properly, should be implemented over the long-term. This costs money so you need to see a return relatively quickly in order to finance future campaigns and work. Information from AdWords can be used help select keywords as you may be surprised at what keywords are providing the best results. Naturally, keywords that are most successful should be what you focus on.

So whilst one campaign is designed to give instantaneous results, the other gives longevity and a firm foundation upon which you can build further SEO campaigns and gradually grow your business and increase revenue.

At Leapfrog Media, we firmly believe in offering our clients a two-pronged approach. We can assist you with any PPC campaign as well as Organic SEO ensuring that your site achieves high page rankings for all your chosen keywords. We see this as an ongoing process and offer a variety of packages to suit your individual needs and requirements. Please contact us for more details.